Synonyms for honorable
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. honest (vs. dishonest), honorable, downright, open, square, straight, direct, genuine#1, echt, honorable#2, honourable, sincere, straight, true, trustworthy#1, trusty
- usage: not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent; "honest lawyers"; "honest reporting"; "an honest wage"; "honest weight"
- 2. honorable (vs. dishonorable), honourable, august, revered, venerable, laureate, noble, solid, upstanding, worthy, time-honored, time-honoured, honest#1, honorable, just, moral, noble, reputable, worthy
- usage: showing or characterized by honor and integrity; "an honorable man"; "led an honorable life"; "honorable service to his country"
- 3. honorable, honourable, worthy (vs. unworthy)
- usage: used as a title of respect; "my honorable colleague"; "our worthy commanding officer"
- 4. ethical, honorable, honourable, moral, right (vs. wrong)
- usage: adhering to ethical and moral principles; "it seems ethical and right"; "followed the only honorable course of action"; "had the moral courage to stand alone"
- 5. estimable, good, honorable, respectable, reputable (vs. disreputable)
- usage: deserving of esteem and respect; "all respectable companies give guarantees"; "ruined the family's good name"