Synonyms for honored
- 1. honor, honour, reward, recognize, recognise
- usage: bestow honor or rewards upon; "Today we honor our soldiers"; "The scout was rewarded for courageous action"
- 2. respect, honor, honour, abide by, observe, accept
- usage: show respect towards; "honor your parents!"
- 3. honor, honour, accept, take, have
- usage: accept as pay; "we honor checks and drafts"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. esteemed, honored, prestigious, reputable (vs. disreputable)
- usage: having an illustrious reputation; respected; "our esteemed leader"; "a prestigious author"