Synonyms for howling
- 1. howl, howling, ululation, utterance, vocalization
- usage: a long loud emotional utterance; "he gave a howl of pain"; "howls of laughter"; "their howling had no effect"
- 1. howl, ululate, wail, roar, yawl, yaup, shout, shout out, cry, call, yell, scream, holler, hollo, squall
- usage: emit long loud cries; "wail in self-pity"; "howl with sorrow"
- 2. howl, wrawl, yammer, yowl, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: cry loudly, as of animals; "The coyotes were howling in the desert"
- 3. roar, howl, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a loud noise, as of wind, water, or vehicles; "The wind was howling in the trees"; "The water roared down the chute"
- 4. roar, howl, laugh, express joy, express mirth
- usage: laugh unrestrainedly and heartily
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. fantastic, grand, howling(prenominal), marvelous, marvellous, rattling(prenominal), terrific, tremendous, wonderful, wondrous, extraordinary (vs. ordinary)
- usage: extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers; "a fantastic trip to the Orient"; "the film was fantastic!"; "a howling success"; "a marvelous collection of rare books"; "had a rattling conversation about politics"; "a tremendous achievement"