Synonyms for humdrum
- 1. monotony, humdrum, sameness, unvariedness
- usage: the quality of wearisome constancy, routine, and lack of variety; "he had never grown accustomed to the monotony of his work"; "he was sick of the humdrum of his fellow prisoners"; "he hated the sameness of the food the college served"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. commonplace, humdrum, prosaic, unglamorous, unglamourous, unexciting (vs. exciting)
- usage: not challenging; dull and lacking excitement; "an unglamorous job greasing engines"
- 2. humdrum, monotonous, dull (vs. lively)
- usage: tediously repetitious or lacking in variety; "a humdrum existence; all work and no play"; "nothing is so monotonous as the sea"