Synonyms for hunkered-down
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. squat, crouch, scrunch, scrunch up, hunker, hunker down, sit, sit down
- usage: sit on one's heels; "In some cultures, the women give birth while squatting"; "The children hunkered down to protect themselves from the sandstorm"
- 2. hunker down, hide, hide out
- usage: take shelter; "During the sandstorm, they hunkered down in a small hut"
- 3. hunker down, stand pat, stand firm, hold firm, stand fast
- usage: hold stubbornly to a position; "The wife hunkered down and the husband's resistance began to break down"