Synonyms for hunting
- 1. hunt, hunting, outdoor sport, field sport, blood sport
- usage: the pursuit and killing or capture of wild animals regarded as a sport
- 2. search, hunt, hunting, activity
- usage: the activity of looking thoroughly in order to find something or someone
- 3. hunt, hunting, labor, labour, toil
- usage: the work of finding and killing or capturing animals for food or pelts
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. hunt, run, hunt down, track down, capture, catch
- usage: pursue for food or sport (as of wild animals); "Goering often hunted wild boars in Poland"; "The dogs are running deer"; "The Duke hunted in these woods"
- 2. hound, hunt, trace, chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track
- usage: pursue or chase relentlessly; "The hunters traced the deer into the woods"; "the detectives hounded the suspect until they found him"
- 3. hunt, rout out, drive out, force out, rouse
- usage: chase away, with as with force; "They hunted the unwanted immigrants out of the neighborhood"
- 4. hunt, yaw
- usage: yaw back and forth about a flight path; "the plane's nose yawed"
- 5. hunt, oscillate, vibrate
- usage: oscillate about a desired speed, position, or state to an undesirable extent; "The oscillator hunts about the correct frequency"
- 6. hunt, search, seek, look for
- usage: seek, search for; "She hunted for her reading glasses but was unable to locate them"
- 7. hunt, search, look
- usage: search (an area) for prey; "The King used to hunt these forests"