Synonyms for husk
- 1. chaff, husk, shuck, stalk, straw, stubble, plant material, plant substance
- usage: material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds
- 2. husk, sheath, case
- usage: outer membranous covering of some fruits or seeds
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. husk, shell, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the husks from; "husk corn"
See also: husk (Dictionary)