Synonyms for issue
- 1. issue, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: an important question that is in dispute and must be settled; "the issue could be settled by requiring public education for everyone"; "politicians never discuss the real issues"
- 2. issue, number, periodical
- usage: one of a series published periodically; "she found an old issue of the magazine in her dentist's waiting room"
- 3. topic, subject, issue, matter, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: some situation or event that is thought about; "he kept drifting off the topic"; "he had been thinking about the subject for several years"; "it is a matter for the police"
- 4. issue, issuing, issuance, provision, supply, supplying
- usage: the act of providing an item for general use or for official purposes (usually in quantity); "a new issue of stamps"; "the last issue of penicillin was over a month ago"
- 5. issue, military issue, government issue, store, stock, fund
- usage: supplies (as food or clothing or ammunition) issued by the government
- 6. return, issue, take, takings, proceeds, yield, payoff, income
- usage: the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property; "the average return was about 5%"
- 7. consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot, phenomenon
- usage: a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon; "the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"; "his decision had depressing consequences for business"; "he acted very wise after the event"
- 8. offspring, progeny, issue, relative, relation
- usage: the immediate descendants of a person; "she was the mother of many offspring"; "he died without issue"
- 9. emergence, egress, issue, beginning
- usage: the becoming visible; "not a day's difference between the emergence of the andrenas and the opening of the willow catkins"
- 10. exit, issue, outlet, way out, opening
- usage: an opening that permits escape or release; "he blocked the way out"; "the canyon had only one issue"
- 11. issue, publication, printing
- usage: the act of issuing printed materials
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. publish, bring out, put out, issue, release, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: prepare and issue for public distribution or sale; "publish a magazine or newspaper"
- 2. issue, supply, distribute
- usage: circulate or distribute or equip with; "issue a new uniform to the children"; "supply blankets for the beds"
- 3. issue, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: bring out an official document (such as a warrant)
- 4. issue, emerge, come out, come forth, go forth, egress
- usage: come out of; "Water issued from the hole in the wall"; "The words seemed to come out by themselves"
- 5. write out, issue, make out, cut, write
- usage: make out and issue; "write out a check"; "cut a ticket"; "Please make the check out to me"
See also: issue (Dictionary)