Synonyms for jacket
- 1. jacket, coat
- usage: a short coat
- 2. jacket, wrapping, wrap, wrapper
- usage: an outer wrapping or casing; "phonograph records were sold in cardboard jackets"
- 3. crown, crownwork, jacket, jacket crown, cap, dental appliance
- usage: (dentistry) dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth; "tomorrow my dentist will fit me for a crown"
- 4. jacket, peel, skin
- usage: the outer skin of a potato
- 5. jacket, shell, case, casing
- usage: the tough metal shell casing for certain kinds of ammunition
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. jacket, cover
- usage: provide with a thermally non-conducting cover; "The tubing needs to be jacketed"
- 2. jacket, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: put a jacket on; "The men were jacketed"