Synonyms for jammed
- 1. throng, mob, pack, pile, jam, crowd, crowd together
- usage: press tightly together or cram; "The crowd packed the auditorium"
- 2. jam, push, force
- usage: push down forcibly; "The driver jammed the brake pedal to the floor"
- 3. jam, crush, bruise, contuse
- usage: crush or bruise; "jam a toe"
- 4. jam, block, interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off
- usage: interfere with or prevent the reception of signals; "Jam the Voice of America"; "block the signals emitted by this station"
- 5. jam, malfunction, misfunction
- usage: get stuck and immobilized; "the mechanism jammed"
- 6. jam, jampack, ram, chock up, cram, wad, stuff
- usage: crowd or pack to capacity; "the theater was jampacked"
- 7. obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up, impede, hinder
- usage: block passage through; "obstruct the path"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. jammed, jam-packed, packed, crowded (vs. uncrowded)
- usage: filled to capacity; "a suitcase jammed with dirty clothes"; "stands jam-packed with fans"; "a packed theater"