Synonyms for jeering
- 1. jeer, jeering, mockery, scoff, scoffing, derision
- usage: showing your contempt by derision
- 1. jeer, scoff, flout, barrack, gibe, tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride
- usage: laugh at with contempt and derision; "The crowd jeered at the speaker"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. derisive, gibelike, jeering, mocking, taunting, disrespectful (vs. respectful)
- usage: abusing vocally; expressing contempt or ridicule; "derisive laughter"; "a jeering crowd"; "her mocking smile"; "taunting shouts of `coward' and `sissy'"