Synonyms for jerking
- 1. jerk, jerking, jolt, saccade, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: an abrupt spasmodic movement
- 1. yank, jerk, pull, draw, force
- usage: pull, or move with a sudden movement; "He turned the handle and jerked the door open"
- 2. jerk, twitch, move
- usage: move with abrupt, seemingly uncontrolled motions; "The patient's legs were jerkings"
- 3. twitch, jerk, move involuntarily, move reflexively
- usage: make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion; "his face is twitching"
- 4. buck, jerk, hitch, move
- usage: jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
- 5. jerk, flick, push, force
- usage: throw or toss with a quick motion; "flick a piece of paper across the table"; "jerk his head"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. arrhythmic, jerking, jerky, unsteady (vs. steady)
- usage: lacking a steady rhythm; "an arrhythmic heartbeat"