Synonyms for jerusalem-thorn
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. Christ's-thorn, Jerusalem thorn, Paliurus spina-christi, shrub, bush
- usage: thorny Eurasian shrub with dry woody winged fruit
- 2. jujube, jujube bush, Christ's-thorn, Jerusalem thorn, Ziziphus jujuba, shrub, bush
- usage: spiny tree having dark red edible fruits
- 3. Jerusalem thorn, horsebean, Parkinsonia aculeata, shrub, bush
- usage: large shrub or shrubby tree having sharp spines and pinnate leaves with small deciduous leaflets and sweet-scented racemose yellow-orange flowers; grown as ornamentals or hedging or emergency food for livestock; tropical America but naturalized in southern United States
- 4. catechu, Jerusalem thorn, Acacia catechu, acacia
- usage: East Indian spiny tree having twice-pinnate leaves and yellow flowers followed by flat pods; source of black catechu