Synonyms for jet
- 1. jet, jet plane, jet-propelled plane, airplane, aeroplane, plane
- usage: an airplane powered by one or more jet engines
- 2. jet, squirt, spurt, spirt, discharge, outpouring, run
- usage: the occurrence of a sudden discharge (as of liquid)
- 3. jet, lignite, brown coal, wood coal
- usage: a hard black form of lignite that takes a brilliant polish and is used in jewelry or ornamentation
- 4. jet, blue jet, reverse lightning, atmospheric electricity
- usage: atmospheric discharges (lasting 10 msec) bursting from the tops of giant storm clouds in blue cones that widen as they flash upward
- 5. K, jet, super acid, special K, honey oil, green, cat valium, super C, ketamine, ketamine hydrochloride, Ketalar
- usage: street names for ketamine
- 6. fountain, jet, flow, flowing
- usage: an artificially produced flow of water
- 1. jet, gush, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: issue in a jet; come out in a jet; stream or spring forth; "Water jetted forth"; "flames were jetting out of the building"
- 2. jet, fly, aviate, pilot
- usage: fly a jet plane
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. coal-black, jet, jet-black, pitchy, sooty, achromatic (vs. chromatic), neutral
- usage: of the blackest black; similar to the color of jet or coal
See also: jet (Dictionary)