Synonyms for joke
- 1. joke, gag, laugh, jest, jape, wit, humor, humour, witticism, wittiness
- usage: a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter; "he told a very funny joke"; "he knows a million gags"; "thanks for the laugh"; "he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest"; "even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point"
- 2. jest, joke, jocularity, diversion, recreation
- usage: activity characterized by good humor
- 3. antic, joke, prank, trick, caper, put-on, diversion, recreation
- usage: a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement
- 4. joke, pettiness, triviality, slightness, puniness
- usage: a triviality not to be taken seriously; "I regarded his campaign for mayor as a joke"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. joke, jest, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: tell a joke; speak humorously; "He often jokes even when he appears serious"
- 2. joke, jest, act, behave, do
- usage: act in a funny or teasing way
See also: joke (Dictionary)