Synonyms for judgment
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. judgment, judgement, mind, opinion, sentiment, persuasion, view, thought
- usage: an opinion formed by judging something; "he was reluctant to make his judgment known"; "she changed her mind"
- 2. judgment, judgement, assessment, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event; "they criticized my judgment of the contestants"
- 3. judgment, judgement, judicial decision, due process, due process of law
- usage: (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
- 4. judgment, judgement, judging, decision making, deciding
- usage: the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
- 5. opinion, legal opinion, judgment, judgement, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision; "opinions are usually written by a single judge"
- 6. judgment, judgement, sound judgment, sound judgement, perspicacity, trait
- usage: the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
- 7. sagacity, sagaciousness, judgment, judgement, discernment, wisdom, sapience
- usage: the mental ability to understand and discriminate between relations