Synonyms for jumper
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. jumper, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who jumps; "as the jumper neared the ground he lost control"; "the jumper's parachute opened"
- 2. jumper, athlete, jock
- usage: an athlete who competes at jumping; "he is one hell of a jumper"
- 3. sweater, jumper, garment
- usage: a crocheted or knitted garment covering the upper part of the body
- 4. jumper, coverall
- usage: a coverall worn by children
- 5. jumper, connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective
- usage: a small connector used to make temporary electrical connections
- 6. jumper, jacket
- usage: a loose jacket or blouse worn by workmen
- 7. jumper, pinafore, pinny, dress, frock
- usage: a sleeveless dress resembling an apron; worn over other clothing
- 8. jumper, jump shot, basketball shot
- usage: (basketball) a player releases the basketball at the high point of a jump