Synonyms for lance
- 1. spear, lance, shaft, weapon, arm, weapon system
- usage: a long pointed rod used as a tool or weapon
- 2. spear, gig, fizgig, fishgig, lance, implement
- usage: an implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish
- 3. lancet, lance, surgical knife
- usage: a surgical knife with a pointed double-edged blade; used for punctures and small incisions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. lance, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move quickly, as if by cutting one's way; "Planes lanced towards the shore"
- 2. lance, pierce, thrust
- usage: pierce with a lance, as in a knights' fight
- 3. lance, open, open up
- usage: open by piercing with a lancet; "lance a boil"
See also: lance (Dictionary)