Synonyms for laugh
- 1. laugh, laughter, utterance, vocalization
- usage: the sound of laughing
- 2. laugh, facial expression, facial gesture
- usage: a facial expression characteristic of a person laughing; "his face wrinkled in a silent laugh of derision"
- 3. joke, gag, laugh, jest, jape, wit, humor, humour, witticism, wittiness
- usage: a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter; "he told a very funny joke"; "he knows a million gags"; "thanks for the laugh"; "he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest"; "even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. laugh, express joy, express mirth, express emotion, express feelings
- usage: produce laughter
See also: laugh (Dictionary)