Synonyms for laurel
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. laurel, angiospermous tree, flowering tree
- usage: any of various aromatic trees of the laurel family
- 2. Laurel, Stan Laurel, Arthur Stanley Jefferson Laurel
- usage: United States slapstick comedian (born in England) who played the scatterbrained and often tearful member of the Laurel and Hardy duo who made many films (1890-1965)
- 3. laurel, laurel wreath, bay wreath, wreath, garland, coronal, chaplet, lei
- usage: (antiquity) a wreath of laurel foliage worn on the head as an emblem of victory