Synonyms for lay-over
- 1. stop, stopover, layover, stay
- usage: a brief stay in the course of a journey; "they made a stopover to visit their friends"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. lay over, stop over, stop, stop over
- usage: interrupt a journey temporarily, e.g., overnight; "We had to stop over in Venezuela on our flight back from Brazil"
- 2. superimpose, superpose, lay over, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place on top of; "can you superimpose the two images?"