Synonyms for lead-astray
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. lead off, lead astray, corrupt, pervert, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect
- usage: teach immoral behavior to; "It was common practice to lead off the young ones, and teach them bad habits"
- 2. mislead, misdirect, misguide, lead astray, lead, take, direct, conduct, guide
- usage: lead someone in the wrong direction or give someone wrong directions; "The pedestrian misdirected the out-of-town driver"
- 3. deceive, betray, lead astray, misinform, mislead
- usage: cause someone to believe an untruth; "The insurance company deceived me when they told me they were covering my house"