Synonyms for leash
- 1. leash, tether, lead, restraint, constraint
- usage: restraint consisting of a rope (or light chain) used to restrain an animal
- 2. three, 3, III, trio, threesome, tierce, leash, troika, triad, trine, trinity, ternary, ternion, triplet, tercet, terzetto, trey, deuce-ace, digit, figure
- usage: the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one
- 3. collar, leash, restraint
- usage: a figurative restraint; "asked for a collar on program trading in the stock market"; "kept a tight leash on his emotions"; "he's always gotten a long leash"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. rope, leash, tie, bind
- usage: fasten with a rope; "rope the bag securely"
See also: leash (Dictionary)