Synonyms for left-handed
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. left-handed (vs. ambidextrous) (vs. right-handed), left(prenominal), left-hand(prenominal), sinistral, sinistral, left
- usage: using or intended for the left hand; "left-handed golfers need left-handed clubs"; "left-handed scissors"
- 2. left-handed, illegitimate (vs. legitimate)
- usage: (of marriages) illicit or informal; "in Colonial America left-handed marriages between Frenchmen and Indians were frequent"
- 3. morganatic, left-handed, legitimate (vs. illegitimate)
- usage: (of marriages) of a marriage between one of royal or noble birth and one of lower rank; valid but with the understanding that the rank of the inferior remains unchanged and offspring do not succeed to titles or property of the superior
- 4. levorotary, levorotatory, left-handed, counterclockwise (vs. clockwise), anticlockwise, contraclockwise
- usage: rotating to the left
- 5. left-handed, ambiguous (vs. unambiguous)
- usage: ironically ambiguous; "a left-handed compliment"
- 6. bumbling, bungling, butterfingered, ham-fisted, ham-handed, handless, heavy-handed, left-handed, maladroit (vs. adroit)
- usage: lacking physical movement skills, especially with the hands; "a bumbling mechanic"; "a bungling performance"; "ham-handed governmental interference"; "could scarcely empty a scuttle of ashes, so handless was the poor creature"- Mary H. Vorse