Synonyms for let-out
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: express audibly; utter sounds (not necessarily words); "She let out a big heavy sigh"; "He uttered strange sounds that nobody could understand"
- 2. unwrap, disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, expose, divulge, break, give away, let out, tell
- usage: make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret; "The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold"; "The actress won't reveal how old she is"; "bring out the truth"; "he broke the news to her"; "unwrap the evidence in the murder case"
- 3. bring out, let out, let go of, let go, release, relinquish
- usage: bring out of a specific state
- 4. let out, widen, change, alter, vary
- usage: make (clothes) larger; "Let out that dress--I gained a lot of weight"