Synonyms for let-up
- 1. letup, lull, pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension
- usage: a pause during which things are calm or activities are diminished; "there was never a letup in the noise"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. abate, let up, slack off, slack, die away, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: become less in amount or intensity; "The storm abated"; "The rain let up after a few hours"
- 2. ease up, ease off, let up, change, alter, modify
- usage: reduce pressure or intensity; "he eased off the gas pedal and the car slowed down"