Synonyms for leveling
- 1. grading, leveling, construction, building
- usage: changing the ground level to a smooth horizontal or gently sloping surface
- 2. razing, leveling, tearing down, demolishing, destruction, devastation
- usage: complete destruction of a building
- 3. equalization, equalisation, leveling, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of making equal or uniform
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. level, aim, take, train, take aim, direct
- usage: aim at; "level criticism or charges at somebody"
- 2. level, raze, rase, dismantle, tear down, take down, pull down, destroy, destruct
- usage: tear down so as to make flat with the ground; "The building was levelled"
- 3. flush, level, even out, even, change surface
- usage: make level or straight; "level the ground"
- 4. charge, level, point, aim, take, train, take aim, direct
- usage: direct into a position for use; "point a gun"; "He charged his weapon at me"
- 5. level, talk, speak
- usage: talk frankly with; lay it on the line; "I have to level with you"
- 6. level, level off, change surface
- usage: become level or even; "The ground levelled off"