Synonyms for lid
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. eyelid, lid, palpebra, protective fold
- usage: either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye; "his lids would stay open no longer"
- 2. lid, top, cover
- usage: a movable top or cover (hinged or separate) for closing the opening at the top of a box, chest, jar, pan, etc.; "he raised the piano lid"
- 3. hat, chapeau, lid, headdress, headgear
- usage: headdress that protects the head from bad weather; has shaped crown and usually a brim
See also: lid (Dictionary)