Synonyms for light-up
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. light up, erupt, ignite, catch fire, take fire, combust, conflagrate
- usage: start to burn with a bright flame; "The coal in the BBQ grill finally lit up"
- 2. light, illume, illumine, light up, illuminate, lighten, lighten up
- usage: make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit"
- 3. clear up, clear, light up, brighten
- usage: become clear; "The sky cleared after the storm"
- 4. light up, ignite, light
- usage: ignite; "The sky lit up quickly above the raging volcano"
- 5. light up, fire up, light, ignite, light
- usage: begin to smoke; "After the meal, some of the diners lit up"