Synonyms for like
- 1. like, the like, the likes of, kind, sort, form, variety
- usage: a similar kind; "dogs, foxes, and the like", "we don't want the likes of you around here"
- 2. like, ilk, kind, sort, form, variety
- usage: a kind of person; "We'll not see his like again"; "I can't tolerate people of his ilk"
- 1. wish, care, like, desire, want
- usage: prefer or wish to do something; "Do you care to try this dish?"; "Would you like to come along to the movies?"
- 2. like
- usage: find enjoyable or agreeable; "I like jogging"; "She likes to read Russian novels"
- 3. like
- usage: be fond of; "I like my nephews"
- 4. like, see, consider, reckon, view, regard
- usage: feel about or towards; consider, evaluate, or regard; "How did you like the President's speech last night?"
- 5. like, desire, want
- usage: want to have; "I'd like a beer now!"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. like (vs. unlike), similar, like-minded, look-alike, suchlike, same
- usage: resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination; "suits of like design"; "a limited circle of like minds"; "members of the cat family have like dispositions"; "as like as two peas in a pod"; "doglike devotion"; "a dreamlike quality"
- 2. like (vs. unlike), same, equal
- usage: equal in amount or value; "like amounts"; "equivalent amounts"; "the same amount"; "gave one six blows and the other a like number"; "the same number"
- 3. alike(predicate) (vs. unalike), similar, like
- usage: having the same or similar characteristics; "all politicians are alike"; "they looked utterly alike"; "friends are generally alike in background and taste"
- 4. comparable, corresponding, like, same (vs. different)
- usage: conforming in every respect; "boxes with corresponding dimensions"; "the like period of the preceding year"
See also: like (Dictionary)