Synonyms for limited
- 1. express, limited, public transport
- usage: public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes only a few scheduled stops; "he caught the express to New York"
- 1. restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- 2. limit, circumscribe, confine, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: restrict or confine, "I limit you to two visits to the pub a day"
- 3. specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. limited (vs. unlimited), minor, modest, small, small-scale, pocket-size, pocket-sized, narrow, narrow
- usage: small in range or scope; "limited war"; "a limited success"; "a limited circle of friends"
- 2. circumscribed, limited, restricted (vs. unrestricted)
- usage: subject to limits or subjected to limits
- 3. limited, noncomprehensive (vs. comprehensive), incomprehensive
- usage: including only a part
- 4. limited, modified, qualified (vs. unqualified)
- usage: mediocre
- 5. limited, moderate (vs. immoderate)
- usage: not excessive
- 6. limited, special, specific (vs. general) (vs. nonspecific)
- usage: having a specific function or scope; "a special (or specific) role in the mission"
- 7. limited, finite (vs. infinite)
- usage: not unlimited; "a limited list of choices"