Synonyms for link
- 1. link, nexus, linkage
- usage: the means of connection between things linked in series
- 2. link, linkup, tie, tie-in, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: a fastener that serves to join or connect; "the walls are held together with metal links placed in the wet mortar during construction"
- 3. connection, link, connectedness, union, unification
- usage: the state of being connected; "the connection between church and state is inescapable"
- 4. connection, connexion, link, shape, form
- usage: a connecting shape
- 5. link, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a unit of length equal to 1/100 of a chain
- 6. link, instruction, command, statement, program line
- usage: (computing) an instruction that connects one part of a program or an element on a list to another program or list
- 7. liaison, link, contact, inter-group communication, channel, communication channel, line
- usage: a channel for communication between groups; "he provided a liaison with the guerrillas"
- 8. radio link, link, communication system
- usage: a two-way radio communication system (usually microwave); part of a more extensive telecommunication network
- 9. link, data link, circuit, electrical circuit, electric circuit
- usage: an interconnecting circuit between two or more locations for the purpose of transmitting and receiving data
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. associate, tie in, relate, link, colligate, link up, connect, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: make a logical or causal connection; "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"; "colligate these facts"; "I cannot relate these events at all"
- 2. connect, link, tie, link up
- usage: connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces; "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"; "Tie the ropes together"; "Link arms"
- 3. connect, link, link up, join, unite
- usage: be or become joined or united or linked; "The two streets connect to become a highway"; "Our paths joined"; "The travelers linked up again at the airport"
- 4. yoke, link, attach
- usage: link with or as with a yoke; "yoke the oxen together"
See also: link (Dictionary)