Synonyms for linkage
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. linkage, connection, connexion, connectedness
- usage: an associative relation
- 2. linkage, gene linkage, inheritance, hereditary pattern
- usage: (genetics) traits that tend to be inherited together as a consequence of an association between their genes; all of the genes of a given chromosome are linked (where one goes they all go)
- 3. linkage, mechanical system
- usage: a mechanical system of rods or springs or pivots that transmits power or motion
- 4. linkage, fastening, attachment
- usage: the act of linking things together