Synonyms for literal
- 1. misprint, erratum, typographical error, typo, literal error, literal, error, mistake
- usage: a mistake in printed matter resulting from mechanical failures of some kind
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. actual, genuine, literal, real, true (vs. false)
- usage: being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something; "her actual motive"; "a literal solitude like a desert"- G.K.Chesterton; "a genuine dilemma"
- 2. literal, exact (vs. inexact)
- usage: without interpretation or embellishment; "a literal depiction of the scene before him"
- 3. literal (vs. figurative), denotative, explicit, exact, unrhetorical
- usage: limited to the explicit meaning of a word or text; "a literal translation"
- 4. literal, plain (vs. fancy)
- usage: avoiding embellishment or exaggeration (used for emphasis); "it's the literal truth"