Synonyms for log
- 1. log, wood
- usage: a segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches
- 2. logarithm, log, exponent, power, index
- usage: the exponent required to produce a given number
- 3. log, written record, written account
- usage: a written record of messages sent or received; "they kept a log of all transmission by the radio station"; "an email log"
- 4. log, written record, written account
- usage: a written record of events on a voyage (of a ship or plane)
- 5. log, measuring instrument, measuring system, measuring device
- usage: measuring instrument that consists of a float that trails from a ship by a knotted line in order to measure the ship's speed through the water
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. log, record, enter, put down
- usage: enter into a log, as on ships and planes
- 2. log, lumber, fell, drop, strike down, cut down
- usage: cut lumber, as in woods and forests
See also: log (Dictionary)