Synonyms for loosen-up
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. unstuff, loosen up, free, disengage
- usage: cause to become unblocked; "The medicine unstuffed my nose in minutes!"
- 2. relax, loosen up, act, behave, do
- usage: become less tense, less formal, or less restrained, and assume a friendlier manner; "our new colleague relaxed when he saw that we were a friendly group"
- 3. limber up, warm up, loosen up, exercise, work out
- usage: make one's body limber or suppler by stretching, as if to prepare for strenuous physical activity
- 4. relax, loosen up, unbend, unwind, decompress, slow down, change state, turn
- usage: become less tense, rest, or take one's ease; "He relaxed in the hot tub"; "Let's all relax after a hard day's work"
- 5. relax, unstrain, unlax, loosen up, unwind, make relaxed, affect
- usage: cause to feel relaxed; "A hot bath always relaxes me"