Synonyms for loosening
- 1. relaxation, loosening, slackening, weakening
- usage: an occurrence of control or strength weakening; "the relaxation of requirements"; "the loosening of his grip"; "the slackening of the wind"
- 2. loosening, laxation, alteration, modification, adjustment
- usage: the act of making something less tight
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. loosen, loose, change, alter, modify
- usage: make loose or looser; "loosen the tension on a rope"
- 2. relax, loosen, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less severe or strict; "The government relaxed the curfew after most of the rebels were caught"
- 3. relax, loosen, change
- usage: become less severe or strict; "The rules relaxed after the new director arrived"
- 4. tease, tease apart, loosen, disentangle, unsnarl, straighten out
- usage: disentangle and raise the fibers of; "tease wool"
- 5. untie, undo, loosen, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to become loose; "undo the shoelace"; "untie the knot"; "loosen the necktie"
- 6. loosen, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less dense; "loosen the soil"
- 7. loosen, relax, loose, weaken
- usage: become loose or looser or less tight; "The noose loosened"; "the rope relaxed"