Synonyms for lotus
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. lotus, Indian lotus, sacred lotus, Nelumbo nucifera, water lily
- usage: native to eastern Asia; widely cultivated for its large pink or white flowers
- 2. Lotus, genus Lotus, rosid dicot genus
- usage: annual or perennial herbs or subshrubs
- 3. lotus, white lotus, Egyptian water lily, white lily, Nymphaea lotus, water lily
- usage: white Egyptian lotus: water lily of Egypt to southeastern Africa; held sacred by the Egyptians
See also: lotus (Dictionary)