Synonyms for love
- 1. love, emotion
- usage: a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his work"; "children need a lot of love"
- 2. love, passion, object
- usage: any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has a passion for cock fighting";
- 3. beloved, dear, dearest, honey, love, lover
- usage: a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
- 4. love, sexual love, erotic love, sexual desire, eros, concupiscence, physical attraction
- usage: a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love"
- 5. love, score
- usage: a score of zero in tennis or squash; "it was 40 love"
- 6. sexual love, lovemaking, making love, love, love life, sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity
- usage: sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people; "his lovemaking disgusted her"; "he hadn't had any love in months"; "he has a very complicated love life"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. love
- usage: have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"
- 2. love, enjoy, like
- usage: get pleasure from; "I love cooking"
- 3. love, love
- usage: be enamored or in love with; "She loves her husband deeply"
- 4. sleep together, roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"