Synonyms for lug
- 1. Lug, Lugh
- usage: ancient Celtic god
- 2. lugsail, lug, fore-and-aft sail
- usage: a sail with four corners that is hoisted from a yard that is oblique to the mast
- 3. lug, projection
- usage: a projecting piece that is used to lift or support or turn something
- 4. lugworm, lug, lobworm, polychaete, polychete, polychaete worm, polychete worm
- usage: marine worms having a row of tufted gills along each side of the back; often used for fishing bait
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. lug, tote, tug, transport, carry
- usage: carry with difficulty; "You'll have to lug this suitcase"
- 2. stuff, lug, choke up, block, clog, choke off, clog up, back up, congest, choke, foul
- usage: obstruct; "My nose is all stuffed"; "Her arteries are blocked"
See also: lug (Dictionary)