Synonyms for macula
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. sunspot, macula, topographic point, place, spot
- usage: a cooler darker spot appearing periodically on the sun's photosphere; associated with a strong magnetic field
- 2. macula, macula lutea, macular area, yellow spot, area, region
- usage: a yellowish central area of the retina that is rich in cones and that mediates clear detailed vision
- 3. macule, macula, spot, speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation
- usage: a patch of skin that is discolored but not usually elevated; caused by various diseases