Synonyms for magisterial
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. magisterial
- usage: of or relating to a magistrate; "official magisterial functions"
- 2. autocratic, bossy, dominating, high-and-mighty, magisterial, peremptory, domineering (vs. submissive)
- usage: offensively self-assured or given to exercising usually unwarranted power; "an autocratic person"; "autocratic behavior"; "a bossy way of ordering others around"; "a rather aggressive and dominating character"; "managed the employees in an aloof magisterial way"; "a swaggering peremptory manner"
- 3. distinguished, grand, imposing, magisterial, dignified (vs. undignified)
- usage: used of a person's appearance or behavior; befitting an eminent person; "his distinguished bearing"; "the monarch's imposing presence"; "she reigned in magisterial beauty"