Synonyms for magnify
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. magnify, amplify, enlarge
- usage: increase in size, volume or significance; "Her terror was magnified in her mind"
- 2. overstate, exaggerate, overdraw, hyperbolize, hyerbolise, magnify, amplify, misinform, mislead
- usage: to enlarge beyond bounds or the truth; "tended to romanticize and exaggerate this `gracious Old South' imagery"
- 3. blow up, enlarge, magnify, increase
- usage: make large; "blow up an image"