Synonyms for make-it
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. survive, pull through, pull round, come through, make it, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: continue in existence after (an adversity, etc.); "He survived the cancer against all odds"
- 2. arrive, make it, get in, go far, succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
- usage: succeed in a big way; get to the top; "After he published his book, he had arrived"; "I don't know whether I can make it in science!"; "You will go far, my boy!"
- 3. pass, make it, succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
- usage: go successfully through a test or a selection process; "She passed the new Jersey Bar Exam and can practice law now"