Synonyms for make-out
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. spot, recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make out, tell apart
- usage: detect with the senses; "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
- 2. write out, issue, make out, cut, write
- usage: make out and issue; "write out a check"; "cut a ticket"; "Please make the check out to me"
- 3. make out, understand
- usage: comprehend; "I cannot make out what this politician is saying"
- 4. do, fare, make out, come, get along, proceed, go
- usage: proceed or get along; "How is she doing in her new job?"; "How are you making out in graduate school?"; "He's come a long way"
- 5. cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, deal, manage, act, move
- usage: come to terms with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
- 6. sleep together, roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
- 7. neck, make out, pet
- usage: kiss, embrace, or fondle with sexual passion; "The couple were necking in the back seat of the car"
- 8. complete, fill out, fill in, make out
- usage: write all the required information onto a form; "fill out this questionnaire, please!"; "make out a form"
- 9. make out, suggest, intimate
- usage: imply or suggest; "Your remarks make me out to be stupid"
- 10. make out, claim
- usage: try to establish; "She made out that she know nothing about the crime"