Synonyms for malevolent
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. malevolent (vs. benevolent), malicious, beady-eyed, bitchy, catty, cattish, poisonous, venomous, vicious, venomed, hateful, maleficent, malign
- usage: wishing or appearing to wish evil to others; arising from intense ill will or hatred; "a gossipy malevolent old woman"; "failure made him malevolent toward those who were successful"
- 2. malevolent, malignant, malign (vs. benign)
- usage: extremely malevolent or malicious; "the malignant tongues of gossipers"
- 3. malefic, malevolent, malign, evil, maleficent (vs. beneficent)
- usage: having or exerting a malignant influence; "malevolent stars"; "a malefic force"