Synonyms for malign
- 1. badmouth, malign, traduce, drag through the mud, defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, sully, besmirch
- usage: speak unfavorably about; "She badmouths her husband everywhere"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. malign (vs. benign), cancerous, harmful, maleficent, unkind
- usage: evil or harmful in nature or influence; "prompted by malign motives"; "believed in witches and malign spirits"; "gave him a malign look"; "a malign lesion"
- 2. malefic, malevolent, malign, evil, maleficent (vs. beneficent)
- usage: having or exerting a malignant influence; "malevolent stars"; "a malefic force"