Synonyms for mallet
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. mallet, sports implement
- usage: a sports implement with a long handle and a head like a hammer; used in sports (polo or croquet) to hit a ball
- 2. mallet, hammer, drumstick
- usage: a light drumstick with a rounded head that is used to strike such percussion instruments as chimes, kettledrums, marimbas, glockenspiels, etc.
- 3. mallet, beetle, hammer
- usage: a tool resembling a hammer but with a large head (usually wooden); used to drive wedges or ram down paving stones or for crushing or beating or flattening or smoothing