Synonyms for manufacture
- 1. industry, manufacture, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: the organized action of making of goods and services for sale; "American industry is making increased use of computers to control production"
- 2. fabrication, manufacture, creating from raw materials
- usage: the act of making something (a product) from raw materials; "the synthesis and fabrication of single crystals"; "an improvement in the manufacture of explosives"; "manufacturing is vital to Great Britain"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. manufacture, fabricate, construct, make
- usage: put together out of components or parts; "the company fabricates plastic chairs"; "They manufacture small toys"
- 2. fabricate, manufacture, cook up, make up, invent, think up, think of, dream up, hatch, concoct
- usage: make up something artificial or untrue