Synonyms for married
- 1. married, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who is married; "we invited several young marrieds"
- 1. marry, get married, wed, conjoin, hook up with, get hitched with, espouse, unite, unify
- usage: take in marriage
- 2. marry, wed, tie, splice, officiate
- usage: perform a marriage ceremony; "The minister married us on Saturday"; "We were wed the following week"; "The couple got spliced on Hawaii"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. married (vs. unmarried), joined, united, mated, ringed, wed, wedded, mated
- usage: joined in matrimony; "a married man"; "a married couple"
- 2. marital, matrimonial, married
- usage: of or relating to the state of marriage; "marital status"; "marital fidelity"; "married bliss"